Thursday, September 3, 2026

How can I use what I learned in DV Treatment and apply to my life so that I can know what to do and what not to do -- or better still how to have a Healthy and Fulfilling Relationship??

THIS IS A WORKING DRAFT POST.  PLEASE DO NOT COPY, SHARE or PRINT.

IMPORTANT QUESTION FOR ANYONE WHO WISHES TO EVENTUALLY SUCCESSFULLY COMPLETE DV TREATMENT:

  "How can I use what I have learned in DV Treatment and apply it to my life so that I will know what to do and what not to do when it comes to preventing Domestic Violence from happening in my life? "

  How can I put this puzzle of knowledge and skills together in order to better decisions -- if not good decisions.  How can I apply what I have learned to my real-life situations?


   Maby, the first step is to starting trying to use it.  ... Meaning figure out what tools I have and think about ways to use them.

Some of the tools are:

1. Build your character: Figure out what you value / what your values are then live by them.  In other words, be virtuous.

  Some people are good-natured -- and just get along with people... by simply accepting of things they cannot change...  

  And some are not good natured -- Perhaps the good-natured, simply have to accept that there are those without good nature.

  It's up to the good-natured among us to make the right choices and go for the Good-Natured Prospective Partners.

  And some people take advantage of Good-Natured People: Who's fault is that?

The Good-Natured Person has to have Wisdom.  We must watch our gulibility.

We each have our lives.  We are all adults.  Do we not make our own choices?

  Do we get tricked sometimes...  But how do you prevent that?  (Thinking clearly, critical thinking, being sober, using our supports, enlisting our good friends to help us.  And finally, being willing to walk away.)


  We have to know what we cannot change from what we cannot change... 

But we also have know Good from Bad.

Building a Positive Attitude helps.  


  More TOOLS:

  Good Listening,  Be a good listener.  

  Use your Tools.

  Be Patient -- Don't go too fast.

  So then you go back to the drawing board maby...

  Start getting to know each other again.

  Always be respectful.


Maby look for someone who has similar values.

Really get to know each other.... Strengths, Weaknesses, Honors, Mistakes, Regrets, Hopes and Dreams... and on and on and on.. including Habits, Desires, Secrets (maby some of them)...  Aspirations...


Meanwhile, Stay True to Yourself.    

And Pay Attention.  

Are you Accepted?  

Or are you be Changed?  or 

Are you being Inducted?  


SHOW Compassion.  Don't NOT Care.


Be Respectful of yourself and of the other person.


Know that No two relationships are the same.  -- Be polite, kind, thoughtful

Be willing and able to give the other person space... and 

GET to where you can TRUST YOURSELF; then learn to trust the other person...


1. Always be Honorable.  

2. Keep on learning.

3. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment