Monday, May 20, 2024

Revisiting My Autobiography Of Domestic Violence

 Revisiting My Autobiography Of Domestic Violence.

  What could be gained from developing a better understanding of her or his Autobiography of Domestic Violence?

What's the use or Value in doing this?

 -- To make me aware of what has happened in my life;

 -- Might help me understand myself a little better -- in terms of how I react to violence as well as in terms of how I get to the point of thinking about doing violence.

 -- Might it help me get a better understanding of my current situation?

 -- Could it also help me figure out some of my fears?

 -- Could enlighten me on how to prevent problems in the future.

 -- Maybe help me get a better understanding of my reactions to situations.

 -- So that I can develop a better understanding of the different types of violence.  And finally,

 -- It's about me getting a better look at what Victim's experience; as well what Witnesses such as children experience when they are exposed to it -- and how these experiences impact their lives.

  What do we mean by Violence?  Violence typically involves the intentional or unintentional use of Physical, Emotional, Social or even Financial Force against another person, animal or entity where by the the action itself puts them at risk of harm.

  What is Domestic Abuse?  
"“Domestic abuse, also called "domestic violence" or "intimate partner violence", can be defined as a pattern of behavior in any relationship that is used to gain or maintain power and control over an intimate partner. Abuse is physical, sexual, emotional, economic or psychological actions or threats of actions that influence another person. This includes any behaviors that frighten, intimidate, terrorize, manipulate, hurt, humiliate, blame, injure, or wound someone. Domestic abuse can happen to anyone of any race, age, sexual orientation, religion, or gender. It can occur within a range of relationships including couples who are married, living together or dating. Domestic violence affects people of all socioeconomic backgrounds and education levels. 
Anyone can be a victim of domestic violence, regardless of age, race, gender, sexual orientation, faith or class
Victims of domestic abuse may also include a child or other relative, or any other household member.
Domestic abuse is typically manifested as a pattern of abusive behavior toward an intimate partner in a dating or family relationship, where the abuser exerts power and control over the victim.
Domestic abuse can be mental, physical, economic or sexual in nature. Incidents are rarely isolated, and usually escalate in frequency and severity. Domestic abuse may culminate in serious physical injury or death.”  (United Nations)."

  Understanding my Autobiography of Domestic Violence is also about exploring my Experience of this (and other) Violence, as well as my reaction to what I did or what I didn't do.

  What does Violence do to us?  How does it impact our lives? 

"Nothing Good..."

No comments:

Post a Comment