Monday, May 6, 2024

PLANS – PLANS – PLANS !!! Don't GET CAUGHT WITHOUT Your PLAN!!!

  A wise person once said, “Those who fail to plan; plan to fail.”  Or "If you fail to plan, you are planning to fail!"  Benjamin Franklin

  Hence it's a wise assumption, that Successful DV Treatment has a lot of Planning to it.  Right?


  What do we mean by Successful DV Treatment?  Is basically to end DV -- To get through DV Treatment and never again have DV in your life -- As a Perpetrator as a Victim..

  This takes some planning... and a lot of effort... and a little bit of luck.  But we can do it.

  These plans need to be done in order successfully complete DV Treatment:  In other words, IF I AM MISSING ANY ONE of the items below, then I might be falling behind in MY DV TREATMENT!!!

    In order to get caught up on my DV Treatment; I need to look over each of the Links below and then complete the Worksheet that can be found by clicking on the LINK at the end of each one.  

  And if you need help, Dr. B. will be glad to help you with this important task:  

Start HERE: 

>>> What are my Risk Factors? So What is a Risk Factor?

  A Risk Factors is: “Something that increases a person's chances of developing a disease. For example, cigarette smoking is a risk factor for lung cancer, and obesity is a risk factor for heart disease" (Source).”  Just like Alcohol can be a Risk Factor for Domestic Violence.   

Please Click her to Complete the assigned 

Potential Risk Factors for DV Worksheet


Another kind of Plan is a Treatment Plan:

  A Treatment helps me guide my treatment from the beginning so that my Treatment will be Successful -- which might even make me feel like a better person. 

>>> When was the last time I completed a Treatment Plan.  Read about it right here: Treatment Plan?


    *** Please Click Here to Complete 

Your Treatment Planning WorkSheet. ***


  This is about ME doing MY BEST to get the MOST out of my DV Treatment so that I will have healthier relationships and then I will be happier and so will my Partner(s).

  So now, let's talk about Personal Change Plans.  During a person's DV Treatment, they should do at least 3.  Personal Change Plans tend to be about 4-5 questions and they tend to take about 10 minutes each.  

 Is it Worth It to you???  I hope so.


>>> How many Personal Change Plans have I completed?

    

*** Click on this Link to 

Complete Your Personal Change Plan. *** 


Everyone should complete at least One Aftercare Plan draft before finishing DV Treatment: 

>>> How many revisions have I made to my AfterCare Plan?


                 *** Please CLICK HERE to Complete

               your Aftercare Planning Worksheet *** 


  In order to successfully complete DV Treatment, a person much complete all of the Mandatory Core Competencies.  Click below to read them and you will will see why.

>>> How am I doing on my Mandatory DVOMB CoreCompetencies?  

                        Click Here to Complete the 

             CORE COMPETENCIES WORKSHEET *


  The DVTPA (Domestic Violence Treatment Progress Assessment) kind of helps us know where we are in our DV Treatment -- That is if we answer it honestly.  This instrument contains a number of skills and bits of info that every DV Client is supposed to have mastered by the time they finish DV Treatment:


    >>> Have I completed a DVTPA Lately?  If not; It's TIME!!!

-------     

            *** Please CLICK HERE to 

Complete your Adapted DVTPA Worksheet ***


Session Feedback Form!         


(Originally Published 5/3/2021)

No comments:

Post a Comment