Tuesday, January 2, 2024

My Domestic Violence Treatment Check-In & Check-Up

   It is important for everyone to know that in order to successfully complete Domestic Violence Offender Treatment, he or she must demonstrate Progress in terms of the Process Itself as well as the Outcome.

  In other words: in order to get a point where a person can be considered for Successful Discharge from DV Treatment, he or she must use the Process and Related Tools here (as noted below), to show that they are taking this Treatment seriously, they are doing the best they can to get the most out of it, and that they are consistently making Positive Changes that will increase the likelihood that they will never again have DV-Related Problems in a Relationship; much less, DV-Related Charges.


DV Treatment Check-Up:

  How am I doing in DV Treatment?  The following is a list of indicators that a person is on course for eventually successfully completing DV Treatment.  

  The following is a general list of what is expected of a person who is to Successfully Complete DV Treatment:

  • No new offenses (DV or other types of Offenses as well).
  • No new Restraining Order or Protection Order Violations.
  • 100% Sobriety.  100% Compliance with Testing.  And / Or in Treatment for Substance Use.
  • Meeting All Requirements for Second Clinical Contacts.
  • Meeting General Objectives of DV Treatment.
  • Meeting Client-Specific Goals for DV Treatment.
  • Consistently Paying for Treatment.
  • Demonstrating Significant Changes indicative of prevention of DV in the future.
  Here are some very basic parts of DV Treatment that MUST be accomplished in order for anyone to successfully complete.  Please ask yourself the following:
  • Have I completed all Intake / Evaluation Interviews with Dr. B or other DV Counselor?
  • Have I completed, signed and returned all paperwork that was sent to me by Dr. Beverly?
  • Have I started to Identify my Risk Factors?
  • Have I been attending Sessions with either Dr. B. or my DV Counselor every week?  
  • Have I missed any weekly Sessions?  (Must not miss more than 2).
  • Have I completed an Absence Attestation for every Session or Week that I have missed?
  • Have I completed Extra Credit / Make-Up Assignments for every Absence?
  • Have I completed every one of the Topic Worksheets that accompanies the Lesson each week (on the Blog)?
  • Have I completed a Weekly Session Feedback form for every Weekly Session?
  • Have I completed a Treatment Plan and/or a Treatment Plan Review every 2-to-3 Months while in Treatment?
  • Have I completed another Personal Change Plan Draft for every 3 Months in Treatment?
  • Have I completed an Aftercare Plan Draft for every few months?
  • Have I been paying my DV Treatment Session Fees every week?  If not, am I aware of the Balance of my IOU?  Am I making payments on my IOU every week?

Please DO ALL 4 of the Worksheets Below:


  *** CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE                      


  *** CLICK HERE TO COMPLETE         

and

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment